Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

One step closer


Today I came one step closer to becoming a grown up

I got a Kitchen Aid...


... and I'm beyond excited.

It all started a few weeks ago when my mom called me and said "we need to talk". She had noticed all the baking I have been doing on my blog and other cooking adventures that I told her about in passing and realized that it was time for me to have my very first Kitchen Aid. "Baking will be so much faster and easier" she promised

I was reluctant. I mean they are big and they are expensive! and they take precious counter space. But mostly it just felt like a grown up thing I wasn't sure I was worthy of yet... What if i didn't use it? What if I broke it?

But my mom made one final point and I was sold... "It's dishwasher safe."

We talked about colors and engine sizes and finally settled on the 5.5L currently being sold at our favorite got to place, Costco. After too-ing and fro-ing between black, white or silver we agreed that silver would be the best bet for an appliance that should last the majority of my baking career.

So today, after my mom arranged for it to be waiting for me at my local Costco, I went and picked it up.

And I love it. And it's beautiful. And I can't stop starring at it. I feel so grown up!

And I can't wait to make some cookies!!


Thank you mom for a wonderful housewarming gift!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations! That is one shiny thing. I have had my eye on a red one for sometime now but since I don't have a properly working oven at home, there's no way I can convince my husband to buy me one. Looking forward to reading about all your cookie/cake/pastry adventures then!

Amanda M. said...

OMB... I'm SO JEALOUS! I want one SO bad! Can your mom adopt me? I want mine in green. :)