Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

my first pattern!

ok people someone has requested the patterns for Mr. Bassil's Blanket & Hat so since I wrote it up I thought I would post it here as well!!! I KNOW! SO EXCITING!


Mr. Bassil’s Blanket & Hat


Supplies used:
4 balls of Rowan Calmer (Appx 700 yds) or another worsted weight yarn
Size US 7 needles

Directions for blanket:
Cast on 132
Rows 1-7: Seed stitch
Row 8: Seed stitch 5, K until last 5 stitches, seed stitch
Row 9: Seed stitch 5, P 3, *K1, P4* repeat until last 9 stitches, K1, P3, seed stitch 5
Repeat rows 8 & 9 until finished 3 balls (or reached desired length)
Seed stitch 7 rows
BO

Directions for hat:
Using magic loop CO 65 stitches (to make bigger/smaller just increase/decrease CO by 5 stitches)
Row 1: K all
Row 2: K4, P 1
Repeat rows 1 & 2 for 6”
Do three needle BO
Make tassels by wrapping about 15 times around 4 fingers, tie at top and attach to two corners of hat


if you make either or both send me pics!

note: this hasn't been test knitted (knit?) cause i'm just not that fancy yet. so if you find any corrections please let me know!

7 comments:

Charmaine said...

Go you, with your first pattern! Very impressive.

Unknown said...

I like the seed stitch in the rib.

Louiseluvsyarn said...

Congratulations!! Super Duper pattern!!!

R a i n said...

Woot woot! Congratulations :)

Cissy Jose said...

`hello maam...i'm a house wife settled in abudhabi. i'm interested in crochet works. i would like to know from where in abudhabi i can get different types of yarns??i'l be really thankgul if u can pass me the information.

Unknown said...

What is "magic Loop"?

cguilliams said...

Is the hat done in the round or flat?