Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

FO: Ducky Feets!

In the middle of my travels I had loads of knits to work on…


One being the cutest pair of little socks for the cutest little baby girl. My good friend and her husband are both fellow Ducks and graduated with me at the University of Oregon. She was expecting her first little baby - a girl! and I was hoping she would deliver before I made my scheduled trip to Portland so that I could meet her little duckling - I know, I'm so clever!




I knew I wanted to make something special for her baby as she is a very good friend to me and one of my  oldest friends to boot (not in age but in length of friendship)! So as I was browsing patterns looking for something to jump out at me when I saw it.


Duck by Jenny Stainman


Serisouly can you get any more perfect than that? I immediately started daydreaming of their little girl going to her first Duck game wearing her little duck sockies


So I got out some yummy malabrigo in the perfect duckie feet color and got to knitting - in fact you might notice them in progress here


I was really impressed with how clever the construction of this pattern is and I learned a new technique! The turkish cast on. I LOVE IT. simple easy peasy cast on that looks fabulous once the knitting starts.



Pattern: Duck by Jeny Staiman
Needles: US size 2
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock in Ochre - less than half a skein

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, those are incredibly cute!!