Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Blogaversary to ME!!!!!!

The 24th of August was my blogaversary! Bring on the party horns!!!!

That's two whole years of blogging about my experiences in the United Arab Emirates. If you read back in the beginning (please don't) you'll notice that I have gotten a bit more comfortable with my writing and have also gotten better at expressing my self. I found it difficult in the beginning to figure out 1. what to talk about and 2. how to say it

I am proud of my self for staying somewhat consistant and actually keeping this thing going.... I was a little worried in the beginning that I would just get tired of trying to keep up with this thing and I would just let it go. But nope! I write a lot. A whole lot! In fact I have realized that I personally gain a lot by keeping this thing going such as:

1. It's like a diary of my experiences while living in the middle east. I only wished I had started it from the beginning and not waiting for an entire year after I arrived.

2. I have made some AMAZING friends through this blog. It's because of this little online diary that I met Charmaine from Abu Dhabi-doo and Sydney from It's always something... and through them I got together with the U-knitted Amrias! My knitting groups has given me even more great friends!

3. I can communicate with my family and friends back home. They keep up on what I'm doing here and, well, what I'm knitting.

4. I find the process therapeutic. Sometimes I write about mundane things like Hot Pink Range Rovers and sometimes I write about things that are really getting on my nerves like banks and I also write about my musings on life.

5. It's a great way to oragnize all the FO's I have gotten done!

6. This thing has some great pics of Oman, Beirut, Dubai and Abu Dhabi! Loads of fun memories.

So thank you blog readers for paying attention to my little ol' blog and following along on the endeavor that is living in the desert and my knitting journey as well... because I really enjoy writing for you!

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY !! Two years is great and you have been regular. Wish I could say the same about my blog too.
Its been fun reading your blog and the pictures are great too.