Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

FO: A pair of pair of socks!



I have had a long standing deal with my family. You send me yarn and I'll knit it for you. It's the best way to ensure a few things. One it's the yarn they like in the colors they like and two I get to knit with lots of different yarns.

My sister took me up on this offer and sent me two skeins of Cascade Yarns Heritage Paints


Two skeins = Two pairs of socks and after two years (what? there was not timeline!) they were done!


It totally helped that I joined a sock knitting group as they got my tush in gear to get the second pair of socks started and finished in just a month. They also helped motivate me to get the first pair, which had been sitting in WIP land for quite some time, done and dusted.

So here I show you the first pair:


Pattern: Lace and Cable Socks by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Heritage Paints
Needles: US 2's
Style: Toe up



and the second pair:


Pattern: Shur'tugal by Alice Yu
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Heritage Paints
Needles: US 1 1/2
Style: Cuff down

Here are two pairs of socks on two pairs of very happy feets


and the best part is that each pair of feets liked the pattern of their socks best...

...that makes me one happy knitter!




2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Awesome socks. I bet your family will now put a deadline when they ask you to knit them things.

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea! Love the socks!!