What a year 2010 was. It brought me so many changes that sometimes I can't believe it all happened in the course of 12 months.
2010 brought me and my husband to the US and then to Chicago. Talk about a dramatic change from the deserts of UAE
The year over all was wonderful. We're healthy, we're happy and we're staying afloat - can't ask for much more.
I have made some new amazing friends who have instantly invited me into their knitting world as if I had always been there. When I think of how much has happened this last year I wouldn't change a thing (except for the nasty colds that seem to be following me around... but I digress) but the part that still brings me sadness and grief are all the wonderful amazing friends I left behind. Emails and online chatter just doesn't seem to convey how much I miss them. But I know one day we will be together again, knitting in a cafe for hours, showing off our newest yarn acquisitions and our latest WIPs and FOs.
The year has also brought me great changes in my knitting
I published my first pattern
And I also published my first "for sale" pattern
I managed to complete over 40 knitted FOs
But I didn't meet many of my other knitting goals for 2010
- I didn't knit with my own dyed yarn - but that's in the works for 2011 (more later)
- I definitely bought yarn before June - Hey I was back in the states and all my yarn was in transit... I'm strong but not THAT strong
- I didn't knit one stitch on that cabled purse. Not one
- I made NO sweaters for my self - but that's another thing in the works for 2011 (more later)
But I'm not too worried about my lack of accomplishments because, first, I have knit more than I ever have before and, second, I have let this craft take me in new directions that I hadn't foreseen
- I did colorwork! and I love it
- I started designing my own patterns - this amazes me mostly because I was always so intimidated to even modify a pattern I was working on but now that I have started I just can't stop!
- I knit for swaps! Loads of fun!
So here are my 2011 goals:
- Write up the patterns that are waiting patiently to be shared with the world (currently three!)
- Knit more socks. I love hand knit socks
- Knit more sweaters. I need more sweaters cause Chicago has loads of "sweater" weather (or deathly chill with a side of frostbite weather)
- NO YARN UNITL SOCK SUMMIT. Well, not counting next week. I'm going to the loopy ewe next week and I'm just not that strong. So after next week NO MORE YARN UNTIL SOCK SUMMIT!!!
But mostly I'm going to see where the year takes me. I hope it includes family, love and friends...
Oh and some red orange juice would be great if anyone knows how to get some.
Happy New Year Everyone! I hop this year is even better than the last...
The pictures are of some of my very favorite and most used FO's