Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

FO: Oregon Beaumont

In the lead up to the Oregon vs. Auburn game I knew that I had to "represent" in a big way. What bigger way to do that than to knit a hat! In green and yellow no less!!!

It just so happened that I was traveling to St. Louis for the game and I was a tish worried that I would be the only duck there! (Boy was I wrong) So I packed every piece of oregon/green/yellow clothing I had and headed on my way

But my favorite piece was my new hat. It's modified from the Beaumont pattern which I have knit before but instead of the beautiful intricate hearts on the top I decided to knit the Oregon "O"s in their place

I had the perfect yellow yarn to use from Knitabulous Yarns in Loquat and went and grabbed some Cascade Heritage in a deep forest green as the main color.


It took a few tries and a LOT of graph paper but the end result was well worth the work

As we pulled into St Louis I just couldn't resist getting a picture of me wearing my new hat in front of the Arch


I really love the way this hat came out. Yes it screams Oregon Ducks but I love that about it! I also love the subtle variations in the yellow yarn. It adds a little something extra that only hand dyed yarns can add.


This will definitely be my new go-to "Go Ducks!" hat!

Project Details:

Needles: knit using magic loop with US size 3 & 6
Yarn: Knitabulous Yarn Supertwist Marino in Loquat (yellow) and Cascade Heritage in Forest Green
Mods: the "O"s!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it too! I don't know anything about the ducks, but I do like the hat.

Anonymous said...

Love your hat, you've done such a great job converting the charted pattern to the O's!