Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane...


... don't know when I'll be back again.

But hopefully this isn't goodbye forever. I love it here
too much to think that I won't drive down Sheikh Zayed Road again or walk along the Abu Dhabi Cornice. I know I have to come back to my favorite lebanese restaurant and go watch another movie in my favorite theater.

Is it weird that I'm freaking just a little? This is it! It's my very last night in what has been my home for the past three and half years. Ironically I am staying just down the road from American University in Dubai - where I spent my first night.

I am full of emotions. Sad to say goodbye to my friends, my mentors, my favorite places, my life here. Yet excited for the new adventure. Excited to be closer to our families again, to be home where I am use to "things", where people know where Oregon is (usually).

But I'm sure we'll be back. There are too many memories here.




p.s. It might be a few days before I get back online again. Hold tight I'm sure there'll be a big update shortly!!!!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Lindsay, you will be missed. Thanks for everything. It was great to have spent time with you and getting to know you more. I know we will meet again one day, but until then we have the wonderful worldwide web to bridge the gap.

Keep safe!

Suzie Angel said...

Missing you already my friend. The office is just not the same without you. No more blonde jokes, no more grumpy morning coffee sessions, no more office gossip, no more lunch breaks which usually reveals WAY too much information about our spouses etc.

NO MORE LINDSAY!

I found myself dialing your direct line one morning, only to realize that you're no longer there, and believe it or not...i still have an alert on my sametime...just incase you ever come "online" again. HEHEHE

MISS YOU! Hope you are having a fab time with the family. Speak to you soon... Suz