Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

WIP Update

I know! I haven't done one of these posts in a LONG time!

Partly because previous projects were surprises to one of my regular blog readers and partly cause work is a bit crazy so I haven't had time to make much progress on the knitting... but i feel I have finally got a too a good spot and I want to show you what I have been working on.

So this first one I have started calling Snowfall. It's my first (of many, I'm sure) Ishbel and I'm knitting it in Posh Yarns Miranda in colorway Snowfall! (now you know my inspiration!). I'm knitting this for a very good friend of mine who deserves something delicate and beautiful.


This next project is a baby blanket, of my own design (woot woot) made from Rowan Calmer. It's for a good friend of mine who is expecting her first little one.


Finally these I have dubbed "Husband's Socks" cause they are for my husband (I know I'm really creative with project names) I have been working on these for quite a while but they got shelved a while back when I was trying to get some previous projects done on time. Any how I have picked this back up and am nearly finished! They are made with BMFA Socks that Rock and a pattern from Wendy Johnson's Socks from the Toe Up (love this book!)


I am really loving these current projects. Especially all together they are the perfect balance... a little lace for when I want to work on something complex, some socks for when I want something portable and the blanket for when I want to work on something soft and cuddly!

No comments: