Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2008

10 days off!!!

I have 10 consecutive days off of work and I'm so excited! I don't think I have had this much time off since my wedding in April. I don't think I'll even know what to do with all this time! Oh yeah, I know eat, shop, knit and go to Starbucks!

Today we went out to Festival City in Dubai and wandered around for a few hours and ate at the Macaroni Grill. I had the spaghetti and meatballs... YUM! and then we headed home.
Here are some pics I got on our way out of Dubai.

The Dubai skyline

The Burj Dubai. It never looks that big until you get close to it. Yeah, it's seriously massive.


Also today, I started a new knitting project today! The Jane Austen Dress from Mason-Dixon: Knitting Outside the Lines.

This will end up being a great stash buster for some Rowan DK that I have had in my stash for a few years now. Even better I will have enough left over to make the matching shrug!

I'm really hoping to have at least one of the two, if not both (fingers crossed) done by the end of the 10 days because i just ordered the yarn from Knit Picks to make the Windowpane coat from the Fall 08 Interweave Knits!!!! I'll keep you updated on the details of the coat once I get started.

And don't worry I'm still chugging along on the Phiaro. It just doesn't look much different from the last time even though I'm half way through my 4th skein or Wendy Pure! But I will say this: it's a fantastic project for long drives in the car!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

Merry (late!) Christmas Lindsay! I hope you are enjoying your holidays. My mum loved my Phiaro so much when I showed her mine that she wants me to make one for her too! I'm just not sure I could stand it. Aaargh!