Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

FO: Happy Birdie



Right after getting the Lucinda Guy pattern book, Handknits for Kids, I immediately got started making the birdie for my newest nephew. I wanted to have a little hand-knit to give him during our visit to the States this summer.

So I got started knitting right away.


Knitting the individual pieces actually went really fast. But I have decided that I don't like increasing on the purl side.


I can see the birdie already. Let the seaming begin!


There was a lot of seaming. A LOT! But the bonus is that you don't have to seam in the ends you just add them to the stuffing!


Look at that birdie! Such a happy birdie.


I love this birdie. I hope he makes my nephew happy.

P.S.

I would just like to point out that I used my school colors (university of oregon) for the birdie. Just can't start them too early with the football alliances. Go Ducks!

1 comment:

Sydney said...

I LOVE this! :) Great job. He will love it!