Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Yarn diet - over!

So if you have been following my blog for the past 6 months that you know i have been on strict yarn diet. The guidelines were that I could not purchase any yarn for six months. No matter what. No excuses.

My last yarn purchase was December 24th 2008 when I bought some Knit Picks swish. This was about the same time that we were deciding that we would go to the States over the summer. With re-organizing my stash and seeing that I have plenty and I don't need more and deciding to go to the US where I knew that I would want to buy yarn without restrictions (I mean it isn't often I can go hang out in an LYS and touch and smell and coddle yarn) I knew I had to diet. So I made a deal - No yarn for 6 months but no restrictions in the States if and when we got there.

Well today, my friends, all that waiting paid off. After 6 months (well 5 days short but really who's counting) I bought yarn! Beautiful, soft, colorful yarn! 5 skeins of loveliness from Purl Soho in New York. I cant show you what I got yet cause I want to be able to re-live my trip again when I get home and post here what we did the whole time. SO picture then.

I just had to stop by today to tell you that I have finally completed my yarn diet and now, during my travels, you'll see a few of the projects that I finished to help with the de-stashing. Yay! But don't worry I'll try to keep up with the posts while I'm flying all over the place.

P.S. 15 hrs is a LONG time and people should NOT spray perfume on the plane!

No comments: