Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

today is Thanksgiving Day and usually it's a day the family gets together and make a traditional meal consisting of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, candied carrots and pumpkin pie and then just before eating everyone goes around the table and talks about what they are thankful for. it's a great way to start the holiday season.

however i must admit that lately i have been feeling sorry for my self more than remembering what i should be thankful for. i am just plain homesick. right now, my family is all together cooking, talking and watching football (american football of course) and i miss them.

but today i got over my pity party and i remember (and reminded my self) what i'm thankful for.

i'm thankful for my new husband who has always been very patient with me.... especially when i'm homesick and one click away from buying a gajillion dhs ticket home.

i'm thankful for my family who, even though i'm so far away, all made the trek out here to dubai for my wedding.

i'm thankful for my friends because i have been fortunate enough to keep my closest friends from portland and make many new friend here

i'm thankful for my job because in today's economy job security is definitely something to be grateful for

and finally (although really there are many more things) i'm thankful for my knitting that keeps me occupied and interested and most of all it brought a bunch of new friends into my life.

happy thanksgiving everyone! i hope you all have lists of things to be thankful for as well

No comments: