Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Book Fair!

Last night my husband surprised me and took me out for a special dinner Dubai. He took me to a restaurant I have never been to in a hotel I have never been to.

He took me to Ruth's Chris Steak House at The Monarch Hotel in Dubai. I had seen this restaurant in Portland but I had never been before. I must say OMG it was AMAZING.... Let me tell you they had the best ranch dressing that I have had since I have moved out here. You might not be impressed by that but being the ranch dressing lover that I am this is HUGE. The steak was amazing too... oh and the garlic mashed potatoes. Yum. It was fabulous but definitely an only-for-special-(very very special)-occasions place cause it is no cheap place. But over all the waiters were beyond fantastic, the food was fabulous and the atmosphere was cozy but sophisticated. I loved it.

Then today we went the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair at ADNEC (the exhibition center). It was great fun and the same as last year.... lots and lots of books written in arabic. I don't really mind this cause it's just a great way to get out and see what's going on around town. Also I'll never turn down being in a room with that many books in it even if they are in a language I can't understand yet. Look at how crowded it was.


Here is one of the many authors that came to the exhibition giving an interview.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok this pic is just for fun.... It's quite blurry so let me tell you what the sign says;
It says "Pheladelfia General Contracting" I didn't want to jump to any conclusions about bad spelling I asked my husband "what does Pheladelfia mean in arabic?" his reaction was a weird look and an enlightening "uh nothing"

Hmmm I thought to my self.... I wonder what the story is behind that one.

No comments: