Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pearls & Caviar Restaurant & Lounge

So ever since my computer died, and I had to have the Apple Dr. resuscitate it, I can't seem to get the Bluetooth to work. I like to take pics on my Palm and then Bluetooth them to my computer. This was always easier that trying to remember my camera every where I went not to mention keeping the battery charged. But now this doesn't work. I was going to do a new restaurant review with fabulous pics of the venue but alas after hours or trying to get my Palm and Apple to sync it's just not going to happen.

So here is a restaurant review sans pictures... just pretend I didn't add the pics so that the mystery would be overwhelming and you would just have to go to this fabulous place to see it with your own eyes.

I have decided I am not good about writing reviews about places I don't like. There are definitely places in that category *cough* Bricco in Khalidiya Mall *cough*. I just don't like wasting my time with them. My reviews are more to share the little gems I find while out n about. I want everyone to enjoy them as much as I did... So here is another gem or rather pearl

Pearls & Caviar Restaurant and Lounge is a another great find for those of you who want to enjoy a nice drink, some great food and a fabulous atmosphere.

Pearls & Caviar sits at the end of Shangri La Hotel in Abu Dhabi. In fact it's so far on the edge of the hotel that they drive you out to the restaurant from the main lobby in a cart! I love it! When you enter you can either go into the restaurant down stairs where there is a dramatic and romantic atmosphere of black, chrome and crystals everywhere.

If you arrive on a Friday and want something a little more relaxing that I suggest you head up stairs to the lounge that sits outside on the roof.

The bar is in the middle of the roof with the seating all the way around it. There are canvas sheets that shade the area from the sun during the day and add some coziness in the evening. The seating is huge white couches that beg you to lounge on to them and get comfortable. Order your drink, snuggle up with you favorite person and watch the sun set. There's a nice selection of chill house music coming from the DJ that sets a great mood leaving you to feel comfortable to get up and dance or stay relaxed on the oversized couches.

The food is a simple beach menu but perfect for the setting. Fish n Chips. Nachos or Chicken Fingers sounds simple but are mastered by the chef. And the fries... Oh the fries! They are perfectly cooked and perfectly seasoned.

As the sky darkens the lounge lights with hidden lights in the floors, under the tables, and behind the couches leaving you with the soft light feel of the sunset. But make sure to bring your sweater as it can get quite chilly as the sun goes down.

Overall I completely enjoyed Pearls & Caviar and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice night out, especially if they have guests they want to impress....

If I can get my hands on some pictures I'll be sure to post them for you until then go check it out!

1 comment:

shm said...

Glad you had a great time ^_^
I would recommend Fish Market at the Intercontinental AD, too bad its a VERY expensive restaurant, Going to it once in a year makes me happy LOL.
They have fresh fish/seafood for you to pick before being cooked to your selection.Their atmosphere is a typical restaurant, but their food is yummy!

BTW Lindsay you should try out seafood ^_^

Shyma