Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Eve

I was flip-flopping back and forth on whether or not I wanted to leave the house for new years eve or not. I am not a big fan of going out on nights that I know a lot of people will be drinking and driving. Especially when everyone and their mom is coming from Dubai to party because (for good reason) Dubai decides to go dry.

BUT how do you say "No" to Shakira tickets!!! Yep we went down to the Emirates Palace Hotel to watch Shakira ring in the new year. I have to say that I had more fun at this concert than I have had in a long time. I mean they are all fun don't get me wrong but this one was different. People were all in a great mood and everyone was being curtious and considerate of the people around them (i.e. no frizzy hair in my face).

Shakira put on a fantastic show. She sang all her most popular songs, did some proper belly dancing and even gave shout out to her Lebanese roots.



Because we wanted to miss all the after party drivers we ended up leaving the concert a bit early (although we always leave early) and this is the fog that greeted us.



There was also a huge line of people trying to get in to the concert as we were leaving even though it was after midnight. The party inside was suppose to go on until 4 am! Oh there was no way I was sticking around for that

But back to the fog - seriously the fog was so bad that you could hardly see the fire works when they went off at midnight. Driving out of the city was a nightmare. We could barely see 20 feet in front of us almost the entire way. I'm really glad we went home earlier rather than later when thousands of other peopler were trying to make their way through the fog too.

Oh and then guess what was on TV when we got home. Shakira Live in Dubai concert from a year and a half ago! hahaha!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe new years celebration! Happy New Year!

No comments: